Create great memories with your little ones
Being a fan of the world’s most popular water sport means you get to experience a plethora of awesome moments on the surf. There are those perfect waves you’ve caught, the awesome tricks you’ve perfected and that one time when you actually got to see a school of dolphins up close and personal.
And because the best memories happen to be especially awesome when shared, there’s no doubt that you’re probably planning to create many more in the company of friends and family. This especially includes the smallest members of the bunch because they too deserve to join in all the fun.
And you can be certain this guide’s been made with the new surfer in mind. Here you will be able to find the very best surfboard for a beginner child which will ensure they too are able to share in creating and experiencing the magic of your favorite surfing memories.
A rewarding undertaking
Sharing our love of the wind, sun and sea with our little ones is often a fantastic means of bonding with them. There’s nothing more rewarding than watching them take to the waves and hone their skills until you find yourself wondering if you might have to learn a thing or two from them.
That said, getting them to embrace the surf means ensuring they have the right board which will ensure they remain safe while having a great time too.
The surfboards on our list are light, foam topped and float excellently which makes them perfect for such a rewarding undertaking.
And as always, one of them is a clear favorite and outdoes all the others. And once we’ve briefly reviewed them all, we’ll be able to point out that special surfboard which is the best of the bunch for your moments of bonding on the waves.
Best Surfboard For Beginner Child Reviews
1. Giantex 6' Surfboard
Beginners need to make sure that they have the best surfboard for their use, or they can actually be in danger while they are in the water. Giantex understands this need and has worked hard to create a surfboard that isn’t just ideal for beginners to use, but will actually make surfing more fun, safe, and something that you can do with the entire family. I found that if you are in the market for a durable foam board that will be safe for everyone in your family to use, then this is a great option to consider.
Both kids and adults will love using this surfboard from Giantex. It’s made of an incredibly durable and reliable top foam, and the bottom is slick for allowing you to enjoy high speeds when you are in the water. Additionally, the transaction pad is incredibly comfortable and designed so that beginners can get their footing while on the board without feeling like they are going to fall.
The removable fins make it easy for you to take the surfboard apart when you are going to transport it, and it is also easy to put it back together again at the beach. In addition to the removable fins, the fish tail allows you to enjoy more traction on the board and allows for more surface area, which makes this board significantly easier to use, no matter how many times you have surfed in your life.
- 【Durable Construction】: Made of durable top foam and slick HDPE high speed bottom. It is a strong and responsive bottom skin that adds stiffness and maximizes board speed. This surfboard has durable foam top, EPE deck, EPS core and PP hard slick bottom.
- 【Colorful Surfboard】: This surfboard is designed with free leash and transaction pad which is comfortable and convenient to use. With this board, beginners can enjoy wonderful surfing experience.
- 【Removable Fins Design】: Fish tail gives the board more hold and traction, provides more surface area from rail to rail, and allows for planning speed and lift. Also the removable fins makes the surfboard easy for you to transport.
- 【Widely Use】: This surfboard is ideal for kids adults and children beginners.Item Dimension:72'' X 20'' X 3''(L X W X Thickness), Please check the suitable size before buying.
- 【Convenient Use】: Simple assembly is required according to the instruction included. Note: Please consider the weight capacity before using the surfboard. If you have any quality problem, please feel free to contact us, we will reply to you within 24 hours.
2. Liquid Shredder Soft Surf Board
If you are ready for a board that will push you and allow you to learn new tricks while out on the waves, then it’s time to consider this board from Liquid Shredder. While not ideal for absolute beginners who are just learning how to surf, this is a great option for riders who have progressed into the novice surfer stage. It still features a soft foamie deck to make staying on the board as easy as possible, and it has a slick bottom for extra speed. It also comes with the prerequisite rubber fins which also contribute to the safety of your child.
When you are improving your skills on a surfboard then you want to make sure that you have a board designed to support and push you to improve. This board is not only anti-slip to help you keep your balance, but it is durable enough to go under a wave time and time again without cracking or breaking. The solid EPS core ensures that it won’t crack or warp when out in the hot sun. The result is a surf board which has been built for speed and is perfectly safe for youngsters and adults alike.At 7 feet in length, it is perfect for children weighing a maximum of 154 lbs and just under 5 feet tall.
- Internationally recognized Liquid Shredder Brand economy FSE Series Soft Surfboard "Foamie". Available in bright colors.
- Foam (EPE) soft foamie deck. Slick, superfast with bottom and wooden stringers for stiffness.
- EPE Deck with EPS core and PP hard slick bottom. Heat laminated into a cost effective hi-performance Softboard
- White PP (polypropylene) slick bottom adds rigidity and strength
- Colorful soft EPE (expanded Polyethylene) adds comfort and anti slip texture when wet.
3. Wave Bandit EZ Rider 8'0
Our third and final surfboard is brought to us courtesy of a manufacturer whose call to ‘Get into the water’ is one no true surf fan will be able to resist.
Especially when it comes to doing so with a surfboard which has been made for surfers by surfers, with a firm promise from its manufacturers to keep you smiling all the way to the beach.
Best of all, it does hold up under closer inspection. There is its EPS core as well as its double maple wood stringers. There is also the fact that it comes with a 4.5 inch removable fin set ensuring greater control out on the water. And best of all (and what really matters) is it's a easy riding board for a new or novice surfer.
It also scores rather highly aesthetically too with its unique shape and turquoise color reminiscent of a coastal paradise. Overall, it really is a stellar board.
At over 6 feet in length, it is suitable for children who happen to be approximately 4 feet tall and weigh about 121 lbs.
The One Board That Has It All
Out of our rather eclectic selection of soft top surfboards listed above, our favorite happens to be the Giantex 6' Surfboard. That is because in addition to being built for speed and safety, its lightness and aesthetic qualities also make it the perfect choice for a great summer at the seaside.
Here is a brief recap of the qualities of this surfboard which make it one of the best there is for young children who are just getting into surfing for the very first time:
- Durable foam top for maximum safety.
- Special fish tail to increase traction.
- Polypropylene manufactured bottom for increased speed and stability.