A wetsuit is crucial for a good bodyboarding experience. It keeps you warm and comfortable in the water, ensuring that you can stay in the surf for longer. It also increases your aerodynamic properties, for reduced drag and better movement when wet. A good wetsuit provides thermal protection without sacrificing flexibility and range of motion and keeps you comfortable during prolonged wear. Here are some of the best wetsuits for bodyboarding.
Best Wetsuit for Bodyboarding Reviews
1. Lemorecn Mens Wetsuits Jumpsuit Neoprene 3/2mm Full Body Diving Suit
The Lemorecn Men's Wetsuit is designed for all water sports, including scuba, paddle boarding, surfing, kayaking, and body boarding. It is made of premium 3/2 millimeter neoprene for warmth without sacrificing flexibility and great fit. It is spot taped at the stress points and has flatlock seams for smooth surfaces that provide greater comfort and durability. It has an easy-to-reach, extra-long leash to ease putting it on and taking it off, with a heavy-duty YKK back zipper.
Lemorecn wetsuits are patterned to fit a wide range of sizes and shapes, and still fit like a glove. This wetsuit has built-in knee pads for protection and comfort, to minimize scraping. The neoprene is thicker in the chest for added warmth and thinner in the arms for flexibility. This full-body wetsuit is a great option for colder water and climates because it preserves your body warmth so you can spend hours in the water, no matter what your preferred sport is.
- MULTI SPORT WETSUIT: Wetsuit designed for all water sports like diving, scuba, paddle boarding, surfing, or kayaking.
- DURABILITY: Spot taped at stress points and flatlock seams provide a smooth interior and exterior surface to ensure maximum comfort and durability.
- NEOPRENE: Constructed with premium neoprene for a comfortable and athletic fit.
- 3/2mm neoprene for warmth without sacrificing flexibility.3mm chest panel for added warmth and 2mm sleeves for greater flexibility
- FEATURES: Easy-reach, extra-long leash and easy on with heavy-duty YKK back zipper ; Order the product according to your body measurements.
2. NRS 3.0 Farmer John Wetsuit
The Farmer John Wetsuit from NRS is designed to keep you warm without restricting movement. Extra-large arm holes give you the full range of motion in your arms, while the 4-way PowerSpan construction in the chest and along the sides improves fit and flexibility. It is made of 3 mm high quality terraprene neoprene. The seams are glued and blind-stitched to be smooth, comfortable, and leak proof.
Titanium laminate adhesive keeps you warmer by reflecting your heat back to your body. An extra-long, double-pull YKK front zipper makes it easy to put on and take off, and the ankle zippers make it easy to put on over booties. It also has reinforced padded knees for added protection.
The farmer cut of this wetsuit, along with the PowerSpan construction, keeps your chest warm while keeping your arms free. It's a great choice for warmer weather, warmer water, and warmer climates, because sweat doesn't build up inside the suit, and the front zipper allows you to easily loosen the suit for extra ventilation when needed. This suit won't keep you warm enough in cold climates or very cold water, but it's a great choice for a summer wetsuit or if you intend to use it as part of wetsuit layering.
- 3 mm Terraprene neoprene for outstanding warmth.
- 4-way stretch PowerSpan in the chest down to the belt line and along the sides adapts to your movements for unrestricted range of motion and improve fit.
- Generous armholes give you excellent freedom of movement.
- Durable glued and blind-stitched seams reduce water entry and are smooth and comfortable against the skin.
- Titanium laminate adhesive reflects heat back to your body, keeping you warmer.
3. Hyperflex Wetsuits Men's Access 3/2mm Full Suit
The Hyperflex Wetsuits Men's Access 3/2mm Full Suit is made of premium ultra-neoprene, in a variety of color and pattern options, and is great for all water sports in fresh- and saltwater. The back zip provides easy entry with a dependable YKK #10 zipper. The flat lock seams are comfortable and durable, and prevent irritation. It has Storm Force knee pads, chill breaker mesh skin panels, and underarm gussets, perfect for an entry level surfer or first-time bodyboarder. It has an abrasion-resistant textile outer surface for more comfort and protection. The anatomically cut pattern is designed to fit perfectly on a variety of body shapes, and also comes in junior and children's sizes. The Flex CUFF leg openings and adjustable neck ensure a good fit and minimize cold water flushing.
This full suit is a great compromise between body heat and ventilation, with the underarm gussets and mesh panels. It's got everything you need to protect you in cold water, without overheating you in warm weather.
- Should fit snug, but not too tight
- HIGH QUALITY: Constructed from 3mm premium neoprene this suit provides warmth and durability while maintaining its focus on the style and function
- WATERSPORTS: Great for all watersports including: swimming, surfing, body boarding, skim boarding, snorkeling and scuba diving
- BACK ZIP WETSUIT: Provides easy entry, featuring a durable YKK #10 zipper for dependable service in the most demanding conditions
- DURABLE: Flat lock seams assure maximum comfort and durability, the low profile seam helps prevent irritation when use for extended periods
These are all great men's bodysuits, but our top recommendation is the Hyperflex Wetsuits Men's Access 3/2mm Full Suit. The mesh panels and underarm gussets give needed ventilation and allow you to cool off, while the neoprene suit retains warmth and comfort. Excellent fit at the neck and cuffs prevent flushing and preserve your temperature.
The flat-lock construction and the abrasion-resistant outer textile surface provide extra durability so that you get the most value from the wetsuit. It's not the most affordably priced of these options, but the ability to use it in all water sports, in all weather conditions, and for years to come make it an excellent value.
We only wish that the Hyperflex sizing chart was more accurate so that it would be easier to get the right fit right away. Most agree that the sizing chart runs too small, sometimes much too small, so it's best to order larger than you think you need, and try it on immediately after it arrives (leaving the tags on) so that you can exchange it if necessary.
For warm climates or if you intend to pair it with a wetsuit jacket, the NRS Farmer John Wetsuit is an excellent choice. We love the unrestricted arm movement provided by the suit, and it's a great option depending upon the water temperature.