When you want to look your best, but are headed to the beach, waterproof mascara is the best way to go. This is a product that keeps your eyelashes thick and full even when you decide to go for a swim. As a result, you'll have no trouble maintaining fantastic lashes at the beach.
Choosing the best waterproof mascara for the beach can be tough. After all, you probably want something that creates great length without looking clumpy. Furthermore, you'll want it to be able to stand up to water. The great options in this list are going to be perfect anytime you're around water!
Best Waterproof Mascara for the Beach
1. L-Oreal Paris Mascara
The beauty industry has exploded in recent years, but L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara remains a popular classic. Its ability to darken and plump lashes cannot be beat. No matter what mascaras are launched by upscale prestigious makeup brands, people always come back to L'Oreal Voluminous.
Compared to other popular mascaras, Voluminous looks downright low-key at first. The packaging is a simple black tube with a gold cap. Even the brush is understated, with its natural bristles and nondescript tapered shape. You'd never give it a second glance if you saw it in someone's purse.
The simple, old-school packaging actually speaks to the mascara's MO: it delivers amazing lashes effortlessly. The results speak for themselves. This product doesn't need fancy packaging or hype to grab the attention of makeup lovers.
L'Oreal Voluminous is more than just a mascara. It also conditions lashes and helps them become thicker and healthier. This means that its effects are more than just temporary cosmetic ones.
To apply this mascara, start at the roots and wiggle it slightly as you pull the brush upward. The wiggling motion distributes maximum product and ensures that you don't miss any lashes. The bristles separate the lashes and create a fan-like effect.
The formulation is thick enough to visibly volumize and just wet enough to layer smoothly over itself. You can build up this mascara to get your desired volume without creating clumps or the dreaded "spider lashes." Just remember to add your layers while the mascara is still damp; dry mascara does not layer well.
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara transcends trends. It was the gold standard before makeup became the powerhouse industry that it is today, and it will remain a global favorite as the market goes through its normal fluctuations.
2. Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara
When it comes to mascara, no one can beat the Maybelline brand for lush, dark lashes. Most of us want super volume that creates thickness for the ultimate glamorous eyelashes, and Maybelline's New York Makeup Volum' Express The Colossal in waterproof does not disappoint.
First of all, the bright yellow tube comes equipped with the brand's "Mega Brush" to help you achieve dramatic lashes. Its unique bristle design allows you to build incredible thickness for nine times the volume with just one coat. Layer another, and you get eyes that pop with fifteen times the volume.
It's more than just an amazing brush applicator. Maybelline New York’s Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof Mascara is formulated with twice the collagen to strengthen, lengthen and plump your eyelashes. There is zero clumping or smearing, and it looks fresh after 18 hours. This waterproof mascara goes the distance every time you apply it.
The bold yellow tube is easy to spot in the hands of celebrities, non-celebrities and professional makeup artists because The Colossal does what it says for lash-building greatness. The mascara is enjoying 10 years on the market and continues to dominate as a fan-favorite over other drugstore and high-end mascara brands.
Let's be honest. If you enjoying wearing makeup, then you demand the finest mascara to do the job. People always notice your eyes, and when your lashes are beautifully defined, your features come into balance.
Most volumizing mascaras result in clumpy, hard lashes that can irritate the eyes after a few hours of wear. That doesn't happen with Maybelline New York’s Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof Mascara. The Colossal is ophthalmologist-tested and safe for those who have contact lenses.
Maybelline mascara has been around for a long time. It is drugstore-available, makeup-essential and creates the prettiest lashes.
3. Natural 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara
Doesn't every woman dream of luxurious, lush, long lashes? Now you can with a unique formula called Natural 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara. All it takes is a single coat to achieve Hollywood glamour lashes with length, volume, lift and gloss.
Best of all, the ingredients are natural and non-toxic, and that means the mascara is kind and gentle to your eyes and skin. 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara will not cause any irritation or redness. If you have sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses, this is a rich, "friendly makeup" formula.
Natural 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara performs its magic by infusing your lashes with special silk fibers. These lash-building fibers adhere to the base of your lashes all the way to their tips and create length, plumpness and definition. The incredible black-pigmented mascara can take thin, stumpy and barely-there eyelashes and build them into luxe lashes that almost look fake.
Think of Natural 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara as lash extensions without the hassle and glue. Fans rave about the waterproof formula because it stays put and won't budge. It lets you dance in the rain, have a good cry or even pop in the shower without it coming off.
Who doesn't want sexy eyelashes? Every woman knows the role that mascara plays in the art of makeup to open up the eye area and allow you to look refreshed and youthful.
4D Silk Fiber glides on smoothly and doesn't clump with its creamy formula. The extra-wide brush makes application simple, and one coat will deliver bomb lashes that last all day. Coconut oil is good at removing this mascara, and it dissolves quite easily.
Mascara belongs in every woman's makeup bag, and when it's Natural 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara, you'll always have long, thick, lifted lashes.
4. Simple Naked Beauty Mascara
If you're looking for more premium mascara, check out this option. The mascara is made to be natural, waterproof and high quality. It even includes green tea fibers that are made to work well with sensitive skin. Aside from that, the other ingredients are made to be non-toxic.
Many love the aesthetically pleasing results they get after using this mascara. It does a great job of adding length and volume, resulting in very full lashes that are sure to last all day. However, some users may find that the fibers aren't quite the quality they were expecting. Furthermore, there can be some unwanted issues with flaking or smudging when some customers apply it.
- ULTIMATE VOLUME & LENGTH - 3D Fiber Mascara creates length and volume like no other mascara. It's like wearing falsies but it's in a tube and it takes less than 5 minutes to put on.
- WHY IT'S THE BEST - At SNB we pride ourselves on producing the highest rated and most loved 3D Fiber and Gel formula in the world. If you're looking for the best, this is it!
- WHAT IT DOES - Lash Science 3D Fiber Mascara uses tiny thickening micro fibers and a magnifying gel to give your lashes up to 300x their normal volume and length. Waterproof, smudgeproof and non clumping.
- MADE WITH LOVE - Our products are always made as natural, organic and hypoallergenic as they possibly can be without compromising on results. Always 100% cruelty-free.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU - Our world class and dedicated team of beauty specialists stand ready to not only help you apply Lash Science 3D fiber mascara, but to help you reach all your beauty and cosmetic goals, 7 days a week. SNB is a family owned, USA cosmetics company with a passion for quality and service.
5. Covergirl Lashexact Mascara
For a simple, easy option, this mascara is worth your consideration. This mascara is a great one for those who favor results over flair. It's made to create a bold look without the added elements that some other mascaras can include. You won't need to worry about clumps or water when you use this formula.
For the most part, customers discover that it's long-lasting so you'll be able to rely on it all day without concern for flaking. Some users may find that this mascara can be somewhat more difficult to apply than others out there.
- Contains one tube of COVERGIRL Lashexact Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. Lashexact Waterproof Mascara with our No Clump Brush gives your lashes added definition, length, & separation. This mascara is hypoallergenic & suitable for contact lenses wearers
- You know that clean, ageless skin is the foundation of a fabulous look and COVERGIRL foundations, powders, and concealers make it simple. Whatever your look, COVERGIRL makeup will outlast your longest day, keeping your face radiant and natural looking
- Whether you are going for a classic look that's the foundation of your style, trying an advanced technique, looking for a skin treatment or just to treat your skin, COVERGIRL makeup has the professional quality makeup to enhance your natural radiance
- COVERGIRL makeup gives you the makeup you need to be who you are. Fill your makeup bag with COVERGIRL products for eyes, lips, and face. COVERGIRL makeup helps you achieve the perfect brows, lashes, lips and contouring to show off your individual style
- COVERGIRL has your makeup needs covered with a wide range of makeup from mascara, eyeliner, & eyeshadow to lipstick, lip liner & lip gloss to blush, foundation & powder. There's a COVERGIRL product for every style & look. COVERGIRL- I am what I make up
Among all of these options, the Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara is the most highly rated. It is designed to avoid clumping or running. Most customers find that it lasts long, even when around the water. If that option doesn't quite suit your needs, then make sure to check out the others on this list. They all have a lot to offer whether you're out on the town or at the beach.
Related: Best Foundation for the Beach
Megan Jones is the lead author of Seaside Planet. She is an avid surfer, scuba diver, and travel enthusiast who takes any opportunity she can to spend time in the ocean. You can learn more about Meg and the rest of the editorial team here.