Your annual family vacation to the beach is coming up and though you’ve picked the perfect swimming attire, have you bought the right shoes? But then again are shoes really necessary? Of course you can decide to walk around barefoot, after all it’s more comfortable – or is it?
We get it: Your idea of a romantic walk on the beach might include the feel of sand under your feet. But one good reason you should consider packing a pair is for protection. Against what you may ask? Think about this:
- Burning your feet. Yes, the sand might feel good, but depending on the temperature after being exposed to the sun it may be too hot. Shoes will protect you from hot sand
- Did you know there are all sorts of insects found on the beach sand, for instance, sand fleas? Wear shoes to avoid any bites
- Sharp rocks and gravel
But will any shoes do? Not quite. We put together an article to help you find the best shoes for beach walking. You need comfort, style and protection. We found it all.
Best Shoes for Beach Walking Reviews
1. Dreamcity Men’s Water Shoes
Here you have a quality pair of shoes with enough features that even tough men will agree: It makes sense to wear shoes at the beach. These are top of the range.
These water shoes are at the top of the list because we like that they’re made of 90% fabric. Not only that, but the upper parts are made of open mesh making them breathable and they quickly dry.
These features mean the shoes don’t mold easily and bacteria won’t form over time. An added bonus is that mesh shoes don’t become heavy either in or out of the water.
They have a comfort-dry sock liner that provides optimum cushioning which makes for a drier and healthier shoe environment. However, you might not like the foot bed as it’s not as smooth.
If you choose this pair you don’t have to worry about slipping as they have rubber soles designed to provide traction in slippery conditions. Yes, accidents do happen including slipping on muddy ground at the beach. Luckily you can prevent it. How? Buy a pair that grips firmly on those wet beach sands. Shoes with rubber soles provide you with the traction and support you need to avoid those nasty falls. The unique midsoles make them lightweight and durable.
- Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe
- Solyte midsole provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability
- Water Grip outsole provides exceptional traction in wet and slippery conditions
- ComforDry sockliner provides the optimum cushioning performance that creates a cooler, drier and healthier shoe environment.
- Open mesh on the upper and hole on the sole provides for superior breathability and quick drying
2. Voovix Water Shoes for Men and Women
Looking for a high-quality and versatile pair for the beach? These unisex water shoes are ideal for most outdoor activities including wearing to the beach and camping.
They have seven holes on the bottom which disperse sweat and water for quick drying. Since you’re at the beach, water is bound to get in contact with your shoes so you need a way to deal with moisture like these shoes provide. This means the shoes last longer than other models too. The holes also encourage airflow for a cool and breathable feel.
Apart from being lightweight, these shoes have non-slip rubber soles for extra traction. For a day at the beach you want to be as comfortable as possible. However, you need to exercise caution in muddy areas as they may get stuck.
If durability is your major concern you’ll appreciate the durable and stretchy fabric they’re made from. This ensures long-lasting wear.
Wearing and removing them is a breeze thanks to the pull tabs on the heels. Plus they have elastic laces for quick adjustment according to the size of your feet.
- Quick Drying & Breathable: Soft Honeycomb midsole for slight shock absorption and breathability. 7 Drainage holes in shoe bottom ensures water and sweat flow out properly, which create a cooler and healthier shoe environment.
- Durable & Flexible: Durable and high stretchy fabric with strong quality performance material ensures you a long-lasting wearing and flexible movements.
- Soft upper & flexible outsole: Ultra soft Lycra upper with lightweight fabric and flexible rubber sole encourage quick drying and good ventilation. The outsole also delivers grip on wet or dry surfaces.
- Easy On & Off: Pull-tab helps to take on and off the shoes. No need to bother to tie shoe laces.
- Occasions: Must haves for various water activities: Wakeboarding, windsurfing, fishing, Water Park, beach volleyball, parasailing, kayaking. Land activities: Pilates car-washing and yoga garden, lawn, Weight training, cycling, jogging, walking, etc.
3. Kararao Men’s Water Shoes Barefoot
Looking for a quality pair of shoes that doesn’t sacrifice that barefoot sensation? You might like these water shoes that are designed to give you just that.
Add flair to your beach attire by choosing this stylish pair with camouflage rubber soles. For some consumers it’s important to match clothing to their personalities and this pair gives you that option thanks to the creative aesthetics. Though Kararao shoes are stylish, the focus is still on being practical; the rubber soles make them non-slip so you can walk on slippery rocks with ease.
Made of Lycra material, this lightweight fabric allows fast draining of water and cross ventilation.
The fact that they’re designed to fit well is another reason why they’re on our list. Your shoes shouldn’t be too big or too tight. You don’t want to scoop up sand during your walks or cause your feet to cramp. Like the Voovix sneakers, they also have a pull tab at the heel for easy on and off. They’re so versatile you can wear them on the beach or for a long flight. However, depending on the shape of your foot you might find them a bit narrow.
- Lycra material--Water shoes upper with stretch breathable ultra light weight fabric lycra for fast draining and cross ventilation,enjoy a barefoot feeling no matter what activity you do.
- Easy on and off:The pull tap at the heel allows foreasy to put on and take off.At the same time save your time better.
- Patent sole--The newly developed unique top non-slip camouflage rubber sole, each with seven upgraded holes for quick drainage, so that the water can leave your feet faster, in exchange for a healthier shoe environment
- Elastic lace:Adjust the width of your water shoes quickly according to your foot width to prevent the shoes from falling off your feet while avoiding the trouble caused by tying the laces.
- Ldeal for any activity:Suitable for beach, swimming, surfing, swimming pool, sailing, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, beach volleyball, long airline flight, yoga, performing Pilates sports aerobics and so on.
All the above make for a great selection but we favor one pair more than the others. Though the Voovix and Kararao sneakers have a lot of features in common—such as the elastic laces and water drainage capability—the Kararao Men’s Water Shoes come out on top.
The Kararao shoes’ ability to give you that barefoot sensation and their vibrant designs and colors make them winners. Not only can you slip them on in a matter of seconds, they’re extremely comfortable and lightweight.
Though the sole is quite sturdy, it doesn’t compromise on flexibility. So get ready to do more this summer. With the right shoes, you’ll enjoy the beach even more from now on.
Related: Top Shoes for Running on the Beach