When you're on the beach, you may want a different kind of foundation coverage than what you might use normally. Some want something lighter, while others want an option that offers blemish coverage as well as coverage from the harmful UV-rays of the sun.
In those times, a great beach foundation can be just the thing for your time in the sand. The best foundation for the beach options listed here offers a number of benefits and plenty of variety for those with different skin types and preferences. Make sure to take a close look at all of them, and you'll surely find the perfect beach foundation for you.
Best Foundation for the Beach Reviews
1. Beach Glow Tint Foundation
If you're looking for a useful, high value option, then take a look at this one. This Tint Foundation is a lightweight option for those who want something they can wear to the beach. It provides a natural look while giving you the coverage you need. Furthermore, this option includes some fantastic ingredients like zinc, potassium, magnesium and more to keep your skin well cared for.
In each container, you'll get about 1.8 ounces of product. It's a liquid option, so it will be able to spread smoothly over your skin. On top of that, this foundation is also resistant to water so you won't need to worry too much about water causing it to come off. The handy little container is also small enough to take with you for touchups.
Many who have tried this option find that it's perfect for getting a fresh look without having to spend too much on their foundation. In addition, it's also a choice that can be used daily if you find you like the look of it. We also really appreciate the thorough coverage that this product can provide.
That said, some people find that it doesn't provide enough coverage. It's going to be up to the needs of your individual skin. The matte formula can also be a problem for those who prefer something more sheer, as it may cake too easily.
- Clinically engineered to multi-task as a foundation
- This ultra-sheer crème features an extra boost
- our Multi-Mineral Complex of Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Lysine and other vital elements. Potent antioxidants, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng and Vitamins A and E, protect against free radical damage while moisturizing skin.
- Glides on effortlessly to create a water-resistant veil of natural-looking coverage
2. Mineral Foundation for Skin Tone and Sun Correction from Beauty by Earth
For those who prefer a more natural option, take a look at this product. Not only can it provide you with some of the coverage you're looking for, it also includes SPF 20 skin protection to make sure you're safe from the harsh rays of the sun. It's also a natural option, which some may find to be better for their skin.
This product is made to work mainly as a light sunscreen as well as a moisturizer, so it may not offer the same amount of coverage as full foundations. However, you may choose to pair it with a foundation or use it as-is if you're not too worried about covering blemishes during your time on the beach.
Among those who have tried this product, most find that it blends well into their skin, leaving a smooth, soft result. This helps you to see that the sunscreen is actually soaking in and will get the job done. In addition, the natural formula may be more gentle on your skin than other options out there.
Some people may feel that it is heavier on the skin than other foundations, but this does last a lot longer though since it offers maximum skin protection from the sun.
- LIGHT FORMULA: Not a heavy sunscreen, rather a light, easy to apply moisturizer formulation that gives you the full UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum protection that you need with a sheer finish.
- NATURAL & ORGANIC ETHICAL INGREDIENTS: With an active ingredient of only zinc oxide, sitting in a base of organic aloe vera, organic oils and extracts for additional skin hydration and anti-aging. Manufactured in the USA with vegan ingredients, gluten free and absolutely no animal testing.
- DAILY WEAR: Out with the old chemical filled sun cream or spray and in with the new light sheer protective formulation that can even be used on teens and children. No toxic ingredients, just the good stuff. Oh, and its water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- BEST FOR WHOLE FAMILY: The entire family can get in on this suntan lotion. Whether going to the beach, doing sports, or just daily protection, this will work for you.
- HYDRATING & MOISTURIZING: Not a self tanner but rather a shield from the sun, you get a full dose of cream to moisturize your skin. Non-greasy and wont leave your face an oily mess.
3. The Body Shop Malawi Beach Foundation
If you prefer a powder option, then this foundation is the way to go. Finally, we have a powder option that can provide some coverage for your beach trips. Those who have skin that is more prone to oiliness can find that this is an ideal option for them. It soaks up oil and works to keep your skin looking fresh without allowing for too much shine.
This is also a great option for long days at the beach because it's able to maintain a fresh look for up to 24 hours. If you do want to take it along for a touch up, it's also extremely durable. Through this method, you'll be able to get coverage like a liquid foundation in a much simpler form.
Those who use this foundation find that it leaves their skin very soft. It's also lightweight, so you won't need to worry about feeling like your pores are unable to breathe. Furthermore, it's small and portable so you can easily take and apply it wherever you need to.
Also, the shade options are relatively limited, which can be a problem for some skin tones. Others may find that they go through the product too quickly because it is quite small.
- Our multi-tasking Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation is packed with beneficial skin care ingredients in a portable and innovative design.
- Discover buildable semi-matte coverage for instantly smoother, shine-free skin and 24 hours of fresh moisture.
- Experience the freshness of a liquid foundation and the on-the-go practicality of a compact all with mess-free application.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Non-pore clogging.
The Beach Glow Tint Foundation is the highest-rated choice on this list. Furthermore, it's light and easy to apply, allowing users to get the coverage they need without too much effort or weight.
If that's not quite the right option for you, then keep in mind that the other options here also have plenty of benefits to provide. They are also highly regarded by customers, so you aren't likely to lose out by trying them. Just make sure to consider your personal needs and one of these options is sure to work for you.