Summertime is finally here, so it’s time to go outside and enjoy hanging out at the beach as much as you can. When you were a kid, you’d probably do anything you can to stop your parents from making you sit under a beach umbrella.
However, by now you know how important it is to have a good beach umbrella. Not only does it make beach days more enjoyable, but it also protects you from the sun’s harmful rays. There are many different options out there, so to help you choose the best beach umbrella, here are our top picks.
Top 5 Beach Umbrellas Comparison Chart
Best Beach Umbrellas Reviews
1. beachBUB All-in-One Beach Umbrella System
This beach umbrella offers pretty much everything that a beachgoer needs. It makes the process of setting up an umbrella a breeze, and it offers great protection. As an added bonus, it’s surprisingly affordable, considering everything that you get out of it.
- Are you fed up with getting on your hands and knees to twist in the umbrella anchor or digging a deep hole only to have your umbrella tip over or fly away? Do you feel like every beachgoer is watching and giggling while you struggle to put up your umbrella and are you finished with running after your wind blown umbrella? Finally, beachBUB USA has solved these problems so you can enjoy a stress free day at the beach. Read the amazing reviews from Moms, Grandmothers and beachgoers just like you.
- Approved for all beachgoers who struggle with their Beach Umbrella. Recently endorsed by the American LifeGuard Association " The ALA has always been concerned about the serious hazards of Fly-Away Beach Umbrellas caused by unpredictable breezes along the coastlines, and we feel beachBUB offers a unique and easy solution that will prevent many injuries and even saves lives in the long run". Check out July 2016 Consumer Reports "BEST OF" for "Beach Umbrellas That Won't Blow Away"
- Wind tested to 35MPH. Sits on top of the beach like a Patio Umbrella stand that sits on a deck. No deep holes to dig or twist screw used. Just fill it with sand. Our umbrella can be tilted all the way to the ground. Tilt the whole setup and then repack the base with sand so that all 3 sides are taut. No knuckle to break!
- Check out "Wind Test' and "How To" videos below on "Related Video Shorts". Easy to transport with it's extra large carry bag, padded strap and handle. Umbrella and base weighs less than 9 lbs (Gallon of milk or 12 pack of your favorite beverage) and base folds up to the size of a paperback book. Base weighs 120lbs when filled with sand.
- The beachBUB 3 year PROTECTION PLAN: You loose it. You Break it. We'll Help to Replace it. Your BPP is good even in the event if your umbrella is damaged if it tips over due to not filling up the base completely. Included with your purchase at no additional cost. Call beachBUB USA for details, 1-866-432-1976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. REMEMBER "Always fill your base up COMPLETELY"
The beachBUB All-in-One Beach Umbrella System eliminates virtually all issues that beachgoers face. It allows you to have a stress-free day without having to worry about sunburn.
If you need proof, the American Lifeguard Association has recently endorsed this product. The main reason for this is that it eliminates the concern of beach umbrellas flying away and creating other hazards. That won’t be the case with this one, which is why it’s one of the best beach umbrellas you can buy right now.
The reason why it’s so secure is the beachBUB® Base, which ensure that your umbrella won’t tip over or fly away. When filled, it weighs around 125 lbs. and can hold around one cubic foot of sand. Aside from this, there’s also the beachBUB® Sand Gopher which can help you create an 8” hole in the sand in no more than 10 seconds.
As for the canopy, it opens up 7.5’ wide, so you can rest assured that there will be enough space for your family or a group of friends. It offers great protection from the sun and ensures that you can cool down during a hot day at the beach.
An issue that we should point out is that the pole’s height isn’t adjustable, which is the feature that many people look for. Also, there’s no tilting in any direction, so it can only stand straight. In return, you get better stability than telescoping and tilting poles.
Despite a couple of drawbacks, there are many reasons why this is a top rated beach umbrella. You can also check out the video below to see how the system works.
2. Sport-Brella Versa-Brella
This is one of the best portable beach umbrellas out there. It’s compact and lightweight, yet sturdy and wide enough to ensure great protection. What’s more, the price is beyond affordable.
- UPF 50+ PROTECTION. The Versa-Brella XL will keep your skin safe from UVA/UVB rays. The silver coating and eye safety tips help you stay burn free. With a 4-way, 360 degree swivel and 2 push button hinges, you can be covered from any angle
- RUGGED COVER AND DURABLE CONNECTOR. The rugged canopy cover won't rip or tear and is fundamental for sun protection. The universal, heavy duty clamp will ensure a secure hold on your golf bag, stroller, beach chair, or even a set of bleachers
- CONNECTS TO SQUARED AND TUBULAR SURFACES. The Versa-Brella XL by Sports-Brella connector secures to round or tubular surfaces, and almost any outdoor sports chair, so you can get the best view of the game, with no limitations
- EASY TRANSPORT FOR EASY PROTECTION. The Versa-Brella conveniently folds into a compact carrying case, weighing only 1.8 pounds, so you can take it anywhere. When opened it spans 40" x 42" and when folded down it is 3.5" wide and 36" high
- HAVE NO FEAR. Spend more time outside without the fear of too much sun. From the beach to the sidelines, the Versa-Brella lets you stay committed to your team, family, and friends, while keeping your skin protected against the sun
One of the best things about the Sport-Brella Versa-Brella is the variety of adjustment options. Thanks to the 360° swivel, paired with the two-button hinges, you can rest assured that you’ll be covered from any angle. So if you plan on spending an entire day at the beach, this can be a great choice.
It features a heavy-duty clamp that allows you to connect it to different surfaces easily. Even though this is convenient, unwanted tilting might be an issue, and the base isn’t that strong.
When you open it, it’s 40” x 42”. While it’s not the biggest, it is big enough to cover a small group of people would make a great baby beach umbrella. It only weighs 1.8 lbs., so you can easily take it with you wherever you go.
You also get a carrying case in the package, so you can conveniently store the umbrella after you’re done using it.
3. AMMSUN Outdoor Beach Umbrella
This is a standard beach umbrella with some useful features that make it among our top 5. It offers great durability and protection, and it’s wide enough to cover a fair amount of surface. It’s another fairly cheap, so if budget is your concern and you still want a good umbrella, this can be a great choice.
- Air-vented 6.5ft dia. canopy designed to facilitate air flow for more stability. The canopy structure is supported by 8 ribs
- 210D Oxford fabric with UPF 50+ Special aluminium undercoating protects against the sun's harmful rays
- 1.26"/1.26" dia. steel. Pole, 0.15" dia. steel rib, with plastic tilt,Rust- Free Powder Coated Pole and 8 sturdy ribs provides stronger support.
- And to further your protection, the beach umbrella has the tilt feature for maximum and pinpoint shading
- Same fabric carry bag for easy handling and storage, umbrella weighs 5.5 lbs including carry bag,Optional Sand Anchor device ASIN:B01EHMCANG (sold separately) is recommended. It's built to hold your umbrellas steady.For any possible questions, contact us via email@example.com
At first glance, this beach umbrella looks pretty standard, but don’t let that fool you. It’s the quality of the materials and great protection that make the AMMSUN one of the best beach umbrellas on the market right now.
It features a sturdy steel pole that ensures longevity and stability. You can also adjust the pole to find the right height. The canopy is supported by 8 steel ribs, so you won’t have to worry about your umbrella losing its strength.
The canopy is 6.5’ wide and features the familiar umbrella shape to provide protection for multiple people. It’s made of polyester and has an aluminum undercoating that offers added protection from UV rays.
At the top, there’s also a vent which provides better air flow and ensures that the umbrella can handle stronger winds much better. The umbrella is available in 6 different color schemes.
An issue about this umbrella is that it doesn’t come with a base. This can be very inconvenient, as it might take a bit of time to set it up properly, unless you buy a base separately.
4. Frankford Umbrellas Commercial-Grade Beach Umbrella
This umbrella features great design and an amazing build quality. It offers premium protection and has some impressive features. However, it’s on the expensive side, but if you don’t mind the price there’s no doubt that you should consider it.
- RUGGED AND DURABLE COVER : This 9 oz. (255gm) marine grade Acrylic fabric with UPF 50+ sun protection, mold and mildew resistant is much heavier than the standard 4.5 - 6.3 oz. fabrics used in other umbrellas . Its engineered for shade structures and features a very stiff, tight construction and a heavy finish to last for long time. This acrylic fabric is solution-dyed with color ingrained in every fiber, resulting in less chance of fading.
- WIND RESISTANT DESIGN & QUALITY MATERIALS : 1.38 inch dia. Heavy Duty Two-piece Ash Wood Pole; 5mm diameter zinc-plated steel ribs; stainless steel springs ; Open Height 94 inches ; Manual Lift ; No Tilt ; No Air Vent
- HIGHEST WORKMANSHIP: This beach umbrella is significantly stronger, more durable and more wind-resistant. The rib pockets in the canopy are reinforced layered to prevent tearing the fabric. The solid ashwood pole has stainless steel joints and rivets that are designed to withstand sun, surf, and wind. Use of solid ashwood pole is recommended to avoid rust issues to metal tubing and is much durable than aluminum/steel pole.
- Weighs 15 lbs ; Use of Sand Anchor (sold separately) is recommended to secure the umbrella to the ground. Type B07BJGT95G in search box to purchase the value bundle of anchor, Accessory Hook (Keeps your valuables off the ground and away from water, sand, or dirt).
- SUPERIOR WARRANTY: Manufacturer's 7 year fading guarantee and 2 years on frame under normal use. Not covered: unreasonable use or damage caused by accident, abuse or failure to use the product properly ; Umbrellas designed to last for years ; NAVY BLUE CARRY BAG included ; Chair not included ; Must see this umbrella to believe quality
The canopy of this beach umbrella is of unparalleled quality. The military-grade acrylic is designed to prevent tearing and scratching. The construction is precise and heavy, so you won’t have to worry about the durability. The fabric is also resistant to mildew and mold.
It’s 7.5’ wide, which is one of the largest sizes in our comparison. It can provide shelter for a group of people without issue, and it offers UPF 50+ protection.
The pole consists of two ash wood pieces and has an open height of 94”. However, there’s no height adjustment, which might be an issue to some. You also can’t tilt the pole, which can be inconvenient if you plan on staying at the beach for a longer period of time. But as mentioned earlier, the sturdiest beach umbrellas are usually not equipped with telescoping or tilting poles.
The pole features stainless steel joints that will do a great job against sun and wind. The ribs of the canopy are made of 5mm zinc-plated steel, and there are also stainless steel springs. All of this ensures that the durability of this beach umbrella won’t be a problem.
This is another item on our list that suffers from a lack of a sand anchor. Considering the price, this is a pretty big drawback. A base can be very important for a beach umbrella, and having to pay extra for it might be a bit too much for some.
5. Tommy Bahama Sand Anchor Beach Umbrella
This is another great option for everyone who’s on a budget but still wants a beach umbrella that does a decent job of protection from the sun. In fact, this one has some neat features to boot. It’s nothing too exciting, but it’s definitely worth considering.
- This 7 foot Tommy Bahama Beach Umbrella has an aluminum pole with fiberglass ribs.
- Vent located on the top of the canopy increases its wind tolerance and gives the umbrella more stability in windy conditions. The Tilting Mechanism allows for easy adjusting to the moving sun.
- beach umbrella features a silver lining for a UPF 50+ sun protection. The Tommy Bahama Beach Umbrella is comprised of a two-part 1 1/4 in. aluminum pole.
- bottom pole is designed with a built in sand anchor for easy anchoring. Carrying Case Included!
- Telescopic Aluminum Pole ; Fiberglass Ribs ; Wind vent
The Tommy Bahama Beach Umbrella offers many things that an average beachgoer needs. The canopy is 7’ wide and has a vent on the top. It will protect you from UV rays withstand strong wind. The ribs are made of fiberglass, and while this is not a bad material you might expect some unsteadiness.
There’s also a two-part aluminum pole. Even though this might not be the sturdiest material out there, it’s still strong enough to ensure good stability. The pole features a tilting mechanism, so you can change the umbrella’s angle according to the position of the sun.
At the bottom of the pole, there’s a built-in sand anchor, which will help prevent the umbrella from unwanted tilting and flying away. It’s very easy to use, so you can have it set up in no time.
Now that you’ve seen our top picks for the best beach umbrella, it’s time to announce our winner. Even though each of these products brings something to the table, we believe that you might want to go with the beachBUB All-In-One Beach Umbrella System.
The reasons for this are very clear; it’s one of the widest beach umbrellas, and it provides great protection from the sun. It uses very durable materials and can ensure that you won’t have to worry about it being carried away by the wind.
You also get some great accessories, such as the little shovel for filling the sand anchor with sand on the spot, as well as a sand gopher and a bag. If you can ignore the fact that you can’t really adjust it, this can be a perfect product for you.
Since this isn’t exactly a cheap option, you might also want to save a couple of bucks. If this is the case, the Sport-Brella Versa-Brella can be your choice. This thing is super stylish and comes with a universal clamp that you can use to easily affix the umbrella to a beach chair or other structure.
In the end, we’re confident that you’ll be satisfied with whichever of the above worthy beach umbrellas that you end up going with.