Many people do not realize how important it is to protect their skin from UV rays. This is quite shocking because prolonged sun exposure can have dangerous and unpleasant side effects.
Sadly, most people prefer the look of tanned skin more than they are concerned about sun damage.
It only takes a couple of minutes to find out how dangerous UV exposure can be, but if you are on this article, you have already worked this out and are looking for a solution.
Nothing protects you more at the beach than a beach tent, especially considering that protection is their primary function.
To help you decide which beach tent is best suited for you and how to select one, we have reviewed the 5 best beach tents on the market. Read on to find out more.
Top 5 Beach Tent Comparison Chart
Best Beach Tent Reviews
1. Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent
This tent is easy to set up and has large ventilation windows. The design is clever and aimed at keeping you cool and protected at all times. It is a lot more lightweight than most beach tents, making this tent a breeze to bring along everywhere you go.
This tent is a great all-rounder. It is made from sturdy, durable fabric and a strong fiberglass frame. It weights a miniscule 4.4 pounds, making it easy to carry. It is very spacious, with more than enough space for 3 adults. It packs away easily into its compact carry bag for added convenience.
The EasyUp hub system makes this tent easy to erect thanks to the brilliant drawstring mechanism that allows just one person to set it up in under a minute. The tent is just as easy to pack away.
The Pacific Breeze tent has UPF 50+ protection, blocking out most of the harmful rays from the sun. On hot beach days, you can enjoy the shade while staying cool with the cross breeze. This tent comes along with sand pockets and pegs to help secure it against wind.
The interior has nifty pockets where you can store your personal belongings. The polyethylene floor is so waterproof that you stay dry even when it is set up on wet sand.
- Specially designed hub system showcases industry leading design. The fastest and easiest set up and take down of all beach tents on the market
- Lightweight, compact beach tent provides protection from the sun, rain and wind for all outdoor activities, UPF 50+ sun protection and large windows for ventilation. The beach tent is made from breathable polyester and is water repellent. weighing just 4.5 pounds and folds down to a travel size of 40 L x 5 W x 5 H
- The tent is 87 L x 47 H x 49 D, providing a spacious interior shelter and has internal pockets to store personal items. Durable and lightweight fiberglass frame and water resistant PE floor makes the beach tent a great outdoor accessory
- Includes a carrying case, sand pockets, and stakes
- Pacific Breeze's customer friendly 1 year warranty. Call or email any time for support!
What's to like about the Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent
Setting up and packing away this tent is super easy and fast. Plus, the handy carry bag is actually big enough to fit the tent into without struggling and squeezing it in.
What's not to like about the Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent
Some users complained that the support poles do not hold up well in strong winds. Other users also reported that their support poles snapped when left in the sun all day.
2. Arcshell Pop Up Beach Tent
his tent is the perfect, reliable shade provider for days on the beach thanks to the 190T polyester that is breathable, waterproof, and protective. This tent offers UV 50+ protection to keep your family safe.
This Arcshell tent offers protection from strong winds and harmful UV rays from the sun. This tent comes with 6 stakes that keep your tent firmly in place. You can easily fit 4 adults or 2 beach chairs inside. Despite being so spacious, it folds down to a compact size that is easy to carry.
This tent weighs 6.55 pounds, so it is easy to take along to the beach or park. The polyester walls are coasted with 3000mm PU on the inside to make it waterproof and ultra-absorbent of UV light up to UPF 50+, absorbing over 98% of UVA and UVB rays.
The 3 large windows ensure great ventilation while the flaps can be used to cover the windows for more privacy. The 5 sandbags and 6 stakes keep the tent stable in winds up to 25 mph.
- Inside the Premium Beach Tent package:1 beach tent,1 carry bag,6 heavy-duty 12 inches stakes,1 stake bag;spacious open up size by height:51.2 inches;width: 94.5 inches;depth:51.2 inches;large enough to fit 2 regular beach chair;super compact folded down size by 30.7 by 5.4 by 5.4 inches for easily fit into a small checked luggage,a checked luggage,or a suitcase onto the plane or in the trunk of car during your trip;6.55 lbs light-weighted; perfect for beach,camping,watching sports games,park
- Imported; 190T polyester wall conjoined with a 210D oxford floor; both fully coated with 3000mm PU internally to ensure 100% water-proof and effectively absorb ultra-light; highest UPF protective level 50+ for reliably shielding against at least 98% UVa and UVb rays; 3 extra-large B3 mesh windows perfectly installed in the two opposite sides and at the back of the tent for effective ventilation and bug-repellent; with flaps staying up and down to cover and uncover the window
- 5 extra-large sandbags for increased stability;together with 6 12 inches durable stakes to handle max 25 mphs wind; 8.5mm fiberglass automatic pop up pole frame system to set up and take down the ten with only one person within 60 seconds; with 2 yellow indicators for easy recognizing the area to hold when taking down; a standard double sewing technique is fully adopted on every suture to ensure an absolutely sturdy and durable seaming which effectively prevents sand leakage on the beach
- Extended dome for extra shelter from the sun;extended ground cloth with a heavy-duty plastic and electroplated zipper free from getting rusted when it gets wet;shut the door for complete privacy to change clothes,nap,breastfeed,etc;4 storage bags sewed on the 4 interior corners of the tent for alternative spaces with ease in keeping your phone, tablet, or other handy items;1 large storage bag sewed on the internal upper part of the back wall for keeping your bigger sized items
- The exquisitely beautiful and enchanting blue color of the tent makes it an inevitably ideal attraction for a sunny day at the beach or other leisure and recreational activities;our tents are in perfect alliance with the flame-resistant CPAI-84 standard;which is a requirement for all tents in California,Minnesota,Michigan,Louisiana,Massachusetts,New Jersey and New York;printed instructions on the carry bag for convenient check;2-year manufacturer warranty and money-back satisfaction guarantee
What's to like about the Arcshell Pop Up Beach Tent
This beach tent is very roomy and has great airflow. The interior pockets safely store your personal possessions. The heavy duty front zipper allows you to close the front for additional privacy.
What's not to like about the Arcshell Pop Up Beach Tent
While this tent is very easy to set up and pack down, many users complained that the carry case is not large enough to put the tent pack into easily.
3. G4Free Large Pop Up Beach Tent
If you want a tent that can be set up in just seconds that is safe for use with the whole family and has enough space for the kids to play, take a look at this durable, roomy tent.
This tent is comfortable and spacious, measuring 86.6” (W) x 74.8” (D) x 51.18” (H), making it much larger than other tents in this category. You can easily fit up to 4 adults inside with enough headroom for kids to stand and play.
Setting up this tent is super easy – simply throw it onto the beach sand and it will open up fully erected – no need to pitch it. The 2 side mesh windows and 2 large doors keep the airflow moving so the tent does not get hot, even in the sun. Plus, it comes with a handy carry case.
This tent is made with 190T polyester that is durable, waterproof, and anti-UV up to UPF 50+. It is silver coated, which means it provides protection from the wind, sun, and rain, allowing you to use it outdoors, no matter what you are doing. You can use it at the beach, sporting events, park, or in your back yard.
- Spacious and Comfortable - Tent Size: 86.6"*74.8"*51.18", Much Bigger than competitors'(other competitors's Size is only 43.3'"X 47.2'"); fit 2-4 adults in it with good head room.
- Automatic Pop Up - Pitching a tent will no longer be a hassle. Just throw it in the air and it opens up.
- Great Ventilation - 2 Large Doors & 2 side mesh windows, keeping air ventilation.
- ANTI-UV and Durable - 190T Waterproof polyester with silver coated, provides protection from the sun, rain and wind for all outdoor activities, UPF 50+.
- Used widely - Sun protection for all-day shade at the park, beach, sporting event or just relaxing in the backyard, comes with its own carry case.
What's to like about the G4Free Large Pop Up Beach Tent
This tent takes just one second to set up and three seconds to pack away. It has 8 sand bags sewn in which keep the tent firmly in place. Plus, it only weighs 4.25 pounds, so you can take it anywhere.
What's not to like about the G4Free Large Pop Up Beach Tent
This tent is not the most sturdy in stronger wind conditions, with some users complaining that it began to bend as the wind was gusting.
4. Alvantor Pop Up Beach Tent
This sturdy, lightweight tent is easy to put together and offers enough space for the family to enjoy. It is very portable thanks to its 2.5 pound weight, and it has excellent UPF 50+ protection.
This mid-size beach tent is very reasonably priced while still offering excellent protection and features. This tent is able to seat up to 3 adults with ease. The hassle-free, waterproof canopy is quick and easy to set up thanks to the pop-up fiberglass frame. Simply throw the tent in the area where you want to set it up and it will unfold.
There are 3 sand pockets and 4 sandbags included as well as 4 tent pegs to keep it securely in place; it can be used in up to 25 mph wind conditions. The breathable mesh windows help keep the tent cool even when set up in the sun. The UPF 50+ protective fabric keeps you safe from harsh, harmful UV rays.
This tent is incredibly lightweight, weighing in at just 2.5 pounds when packed in its handy carry bag. Packing this tent away is just as easy as erecting it. The figure 8 design means you simple twist it down and it easily fits in the carry bag.
- ONLY 2.5 lbs! LIGHTEST SUN SHADE BEACH TENT on the Market : new fiberglass frame, which is safe, durable and rust free, makes tent stably stand by itself and keeps shape after long time use. The new frame is 100% hassle free without those safety problems (rusty, easy broken, unstable etc.) which other beach tents with spring steel frame might have.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: 50+ UPF UV protection and water resistant fabric for walls and floor. Back side mesh provides excellent ventilation and floor extends for extra leg room. Includes 3 sand pockets and 4 extra sandbags plus 4 stakes. This pop-up beach sun shelter is windproof up to 25 mph.
- Super Easy Up and Down: This beach tent sun shelter pop up automatically instant in a second. Sets up less than 30 seconds. Folds down handy, twist or figure 8, into roomy portable carrying bag, no need to struggle with this foldable beach sun shelter.
- VERSATILE USAGE: This beach tent measures 70" x 53" x 48"H which comfortably fits 2-3 people of family. Used as a canopy, beach umbrella or sun tent, it can provide cool, all-day shade at park, beach, lake, camping,hiking, fishing or weekend trip, sporting events, music festivals or for just relaxing in the back yard. This sun tent is lightweight with flat compact small carrying size, dia22.5" x 2.5"H, fits into large suitcase for easy transport by car or plane.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: as US based company, Alvantor is a registered trademark. We offer 1-year limited warranty. If you are not satisfied with Alvantor tent ,please contact us. We will provide you speedy service from Los Angeles,CA. Your complete satisfaction is our highest priority.
What's to like about the Alvantor Pop Up Beach Tent
This tent can easily fit 3 adults, so it has more than enough room for the whole family. It is ultra-lightweight and can be carried along with you anywhere you go.
What's not to like about the Alvantor Pop Up Beach Tent
It would have been better if the tent came with guy wires for added stability in windy conditions. Some users also complained that they had difficulty packing it away.
5. Easthills Outdoors Easy Up Beach Tent
If you are looking for a tent that the whole family can enjoy while being protected from the sun’s harmful rays, this water-resistant, easy-to-use tent may be just what you want.
If you are looking for a tent with a great amount of space, this extra-large Easthills tent is just what you need. It is made from durable, strong polyester and it offers UPF 50+ protection. It measures 99” (W) x 53” (D) x 57” (H) and has an additional 53-inch front porch for more space. The porch can also be closed for added privacy when needed.
You can easily seat up to 4 adults, offering plenty of space for everyone to relax. The tent has three windows that all boast roll-up blinds that increase the airflow. The four mesh pockets are ideal for keeping your personal belongings safe and organized.
The Easthills tent comes with 10 plastic stakes that can be used to keep your tent secure if the wind picks up when you are enjoying the day out. The tent weights just 8 pounds and folds away easily into its nifty carry bag. It can be set up in less than two minutes by following the instructions that are sewn into the bag.
- EXTRA LARGE. The Instant Shade Deluxe XL is one of the biggest sun shelters for your whole family. 99" W x 53" D x 57" H plus a 53" front porch of space for up to 4 adults and children or pets. Weighs only 8 pounds and packs down to 41" x 8.5" x 8.5" for easy carrying and storage - easy to fit in the trunk of a car
- 1 MINTUE (OR LESS!) SETUP TIME and EASY TO USE. Setting up this tent couldn't be any faster or easier! In case you can't figure it out, we've sewed step-by-step instructions inside the carry bag; It also has three-sided roll up windows for 360 degree views and efficient ventilation to prevent hot tent; 4 internal mesh pockets to store your personal items
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT and WATER RESISTANT. Crafted from 185T polyester coated with UPF 50+ protection that blocks 97.5% of harmful UV sun rays, providing all-day protection for your family on the beach or sports events.
- ZIPPERED FRONT FOR ADDED PRIVACY. The easy to close front of the tent can come in handy when needing to change out of swimming suits, breastfeeding, or any other private moment. When you need extra privacy, or are away from the tent, the extended zippered front porch can be used as a front door and closed from both inside and outside
- Includes 1 beach tent, 1 carry bag with shoulder strap, 10 plastic stakes, 4 guylines and 1 storage pouch; Customer friendly 1-year warranty; if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us though Amazon. We'll always happy to help within 24 hours
What's to like about the Easthills Outdoors Easy Up Beach Tent
This tent is very easy to set up while still being incredibly stable and protective. It is very durable and strong thanks to its polyester build. The UPF 50+ protection also offers great peace of mind.
What's not to like about the Easthills Outdoors Easy Up Beach Tent
It requires two or more people to set up. Some users also complained that it is easy to unpack but very difficult to get it back into the storage bag.
Beach tents have many uses, making them ideal for the entire summer’s outdoor activities. They will help encourage your kids to spend more time outside, reducing indoor screen time. In order to purchase the best tent for you, consider these key features when looking at beach tents.
Size and Dimension
You first need to consider the number of people that will be sitting in the tent. Most beach tents are made to fit two adults and at least 2 children. Rather than looking only at seated space, you also want to look at the fact that your kids will not only want to sit in the tent.
Especially when they are younger, they will want to play and explore. Some tents are designed to be large enough to fit beach chairs. Pay attention to what size tent will work for your needs.
Materials and Quality
There are a variety of materials used to make the shell of a beach tent, the main two being nylon and polyester. Both of these fabrics are high quality and very good at creating shade as well as being long lasting and water resistant.
Some tents have openings which allow air flow that can also be closed if the wind gets a bit friskier. The closure should be either a high-quality zipper or ultra-strong Velcro. This gives you protection against sand and bugs blowing into your tent. Being able to close the opening of your tent also adds a layer of security when you are not able to watch the tent when swimming.
Your tent’s frame should be made from a strong and durable yet lightweight material – normally steel or aluminum, which is great for beach use thanks to their corrosion and rust resistance. These frames also make your tent lighter so you can carry it with you anywhere.
The main consideration with regards to the frame is how much wind the beach you are going to has. Aluminum frames are better for beaches that only get light breezes. Steel frames are slightly heavier and are better suited to windier conditions.
This feature is a very important feature, especially if you are going to the beach with younger kids. You want a tent that is easy to carry to and from the place you would like to set up. You want to ensure that the tent is easy to set up in a few minutes or less.
Pop-up tents are typically the easiest to set up, often needing just seconds. Pole tents can take a bit longer, but there are many available that only need a minute or two.
Style and Color
Beach tents come in various fun, bright summer colors. This means you can choose a color that you like best. Choosing a tent that has a bright and distinct color scheme will make it simpler to spot on the beach, especially if there are a lot of other beach tents.
With the options available, you should have no issues finding a color you love, and this choice comes down to personal preference as it has no impact on the functionality of the tent.
There are three main styles of beach tents: pop up, cabana, and canopy.
This type of tent is usually a similar shape to a dome tent and can be set up in next to no time. They are easy to erect and use. You can also pack them away with very little effort. They are lightweight and effortless to carry. They can be weighed down by sandbags for additional stability. They can sometimes be more expensive than other beach tents due to the convenience.
This type of tent offers good shade while still giving you a good view of the beach and ocean thanks to their wide opening on the one side. Most cabana tents can be zipped closed for privacy. They are very convenient and typically have a self-erecting feature. They also come with good SPF coating and additional sun protection.
If you have lots of friends or family that enjoy picnics and sun-filled days at the beach, then large canopy tents are a great choice. Normally the smaller ones can fit around 2 to 3 adults. The large ones can fit 8 to 12 people, sometimes even more depending on what size you get. These tents do take time and manpower to set up though.
When going to the beach, you need to remember that you will have coolers, chairs, towels, and kids. In the heat of summer, you definitely don’t want to walk back and forth between your car and the beach, so having a tent that is compact, lightweight, and easy to erect will make your day simpler and more enjoyable.
Beach tents can go a long way to keeping your child safe on sunny beach days. Sunburn and heatstroke are very serious for smaller children, sometimes even life threatening. Beach tents or sun domes provide your child with a safe, shaded area to nap and play so that they are not exposed to harmful UV rays.
Beach Tent F.A.Q.
How to fold a pop up beach tent
Erecting a pop up beach tent is really simple, but sometimes folding it away can be quite tricky.
What are tents made out of?
Beach tents can be made from a variety of materials, including canvas, felt, nylon, and polyester. However, the most common materials are nylon and polyester as they are lightweight and water resistant. Beach tents are commonly treated with a polyurethane coating that prevents water from getting into your tent.
Beach tent vs. umbrella
While beach tents and umbrellas fundamentally serve the same purpose – to provide shade and protection from harmful UV rays – it is always best to go with a full beach tent as they have a larger floor area and give more protection, especially if you have a baby or small child. However, this does depend on the angle at which you place the tent.
Can you sleep in a tent on the beach?
Yes, you absolutely can. Of course, this does depend on the rules and regulations of the beach that you choose, but most beaches do allow campers to set up a small tent and enjoy falling asleep to the sound of the waves rolling in. Remember that sleeping on the beach can get chilly and windy, even in summer, so bring warm clothes and blankets.
What kind of tent to bring to the beach?
The most popular beach tent is a pop-up tent as they are quick and easy to set up. The purpose of a beach tent is to protect you from the sun, so you do not want a tent that requires that you stand in the sun for ages setting it up.
Typically speaking, beach tents are a scaled-down version of regular camping tents we see at camp sites. Since we only go to the beach for a few hours at a time, beach tents are more portable, lightweight, and easier to erect. Plus, they are normally cheaper than traditional camping tents.
If you are considering getting a beach tent, the buyer’s guide and recommended tents in this article should help get you started. However, we have to highly recommend the Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent because of its UPF 50+ protection and excellent waterproof design. The tent weighs only 4.4 pounds and the 1-year warranty speaks to the quality of the product.