Welcome to Seaside Planet
Seaside Planet was founded in 2018 with one simple goal. We wanted to offer unbiased reviews and guides for people who love the beach and ocean sports. Since our inception, we have been fortunate to connect with many passionate beach goers, talented reviewers, and ocean lovers from all walks of life. These individuals have both inspired us and helped Seaside Planet to grow. In 2019 and beyond we are proud to share our mission and values with our readers:
- To be a trusted resource where people can learn about the best beach and ocean sport gear.
- To provide a one stop website for people to learn about the top tips and hacks for creating an enjoyable beach vacation.
- To promote beach and ocean use in a way that is sustainable and eco-friendly so that these wonderful resources are available for generations to come.
- To create and nurture a community of individuals willing to help each other enjoy their best beach lives because life is truly better at the beach!
Meet Our Team
Hello, I'm Patrick Wardell, the Founder and Website Developer of Seaside Planet. As a life long beach goer, avid Scuba Diver, and passionate ocean lover, I'm honored to be a part of Seaside Planet. Living and writing about the beach life isn't just a passion but a way of being. Near the ocean is where I'm happiest and most at peace. Visit any beach worth it's sea salt and you'll know there are endless possibilities over each horizon. I'm thrilled to share these experiences with you and our entire team is working everyday to bring you the the very best reviews, guides, and vacation tips. We do this because we love the beach life, the wonders of the ocean, and most of all the Seaside Planet community.
Hi, I'm Meg Jones and I'm the Lead Content Writer and Outreach Manager at Seaside Planet. Ever since I was a little girl, I've had two great passions; writing and water sports. In fact, having grown up in Florida, you could say that the ocean and the beach life are in my blood. My current favorite ocean sports are kayaking, surfing, skim boarding (a new personal favorite), and kite boarding. Though I'm just as happy lounging on a quiet beach, reading a book, and enjoying the tranquility that can only be found by the ocean. I sincerely hope you enjoy our guides and articles. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the comments. We absolutely love to hear from our readers!
Charles "Pig" Turner - Charles is a contributing author and editor for Seaside Planet. He brings a wealth of knowledge to the team with a particular focus in the areas of kayaking, photography, and travel. When not working, he can most often be found at the beach or on the hiking trails with his two rescue dogs Maya and Bella.
So why should you visit Seaside Planet? I think the main reason you would want to read our work is because you're a fellow water sports lover or beach goer who wants to enjoy the ocean in a responsible way.
If these statements speak to you, then you will likely enjoy the content on our site:
- Your idea of "relaxing" generally involves the ocean and a warm sunny day
- You're open to new adventures and experiences as you seek to make the most of every moment
- You want gear and equipment advice based on customer experience and not commercial sales pages
- You are environmentally conscious and want to travel and enjoy the ocean in a safe and responsible manner
If these resonate with you, then I look forward to having you as part of our Seaside Planet Family.
Seaside Planet Founder
Do You Have Questions?
Did we get something right? Did we get something wrong? Do you have a topic suggestion for our writers? Just want to say hello? No matter the reason, we'd love to hear from you.