The adventure and nature lovers who work to make Seaside Planet a reality.
Welcome to Seaside Planet
Seaside Planet was developed with one goal in mind: to provide adventure enthusiasts with unbiased reviews and information about outdoor sports, beach and outdoor activities, and responsible ocean use. Since our inception, we have been fortunate to connect with many passionate adventurers, talented reviewers, and nature lovers from all walks of life. These individuals have both inspired us and helped Seaside Planet to grow. In 2020 and beyond we are proud to share out mission and values with our readers:
- To be a trusted resource where adventurers can learn about the best ocean, land and sport gear.
- To provide a one stop website for people to learn about the top tips and tricks for creating an enjoyable outdoor adventure.
- To promote ocean, beach and land use in a way that is sustainable and eco-friendly so that these wonderful resources are available for generations to come.
- To create and nurture a community of individuals willing to help each other enjoy their best adventure lives...because life is truly better outdoors!
Meet Our Team
Hello, I'm Patrick Wardell, the Founder and Website Developer of Seaside Planet. As a life long beach goer, avid Scuba Diver, and passionate ocean lover, I'm honored to be a part of Seaside Planet. Living and writing about the beach life isn't just a passion but a way of being. Near the ocean is where I'm happiest and most at peace. Visit any beach worth it's sea salt and you'll know there are endless possibilities over each horizon. I'm thrilled to share these experiences with you and our entire team is working everyday to bring you the the very best reviews, guides, and vacation tips. We do this because we love the beach life, the wonders of the ocean, and most of all the Seaside Planet community.
Hi, I'm Meg Jones and I'm the Lead Content Writer and Outreach Manager at Seaside Planet. Ever since I was a little girl, I've had two great passions; writing and water sports. In fact, having grown up in Florida, you could say that the ocean and the beach life are in my blood. My current favorite ocean sports are kayaking, surfing, skim boarding (a new personal favorite), and kite boarding. Though I'm just as happy lounging on a quiet beach, reading a book, and enjoying the tranquility that can only be found by the ocean. I sincerely hope you enjoy our guides and articles. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the comments. We absolutely love to hear from our readers!
Charles "Pig" Turner - Charles is a contributing author and editor for Seaside Planet. He brings a wealth of knowledge to the team with a particular focus in the areas of kayaking, photography, and travel. When not working, he can most often be found at the beach or on the hiking trails with his two canine companions Maya and Bella.
Jan Taylor - Jan is a contributing author and editor for Seaside Planet. As a life-long beach sport enthusiast and ocean lover, she brings first-hand knowledge to the team in the areas of surfing, snorkeling and ocean conservation. Along with her two rescue dogs, Jay and Trudy, in her free time she can most often be found lounging on the beach and catching up on a good read.
So why should you visit Seaside Planet? Because you're a fellow water, outdoor sport, or nature enthusiast who wants to enjoy your adventure in a responsible way.
If these statements speak to you, then you'll likely enjoy the content on our site:
- Your idea of "relaxing" generally involves an adventure or vacation outdoors
- You're open to new adventures and experiences as you seek to make the most of every moment
- You want gear and equipment advice based on customer experience instead of commercial sales pages
- You are environmentally conscious and want to travel through and enjoy nature in a safe and responsible manner
If these resonate with you, then we look forward to having you as a part of our Seaside Planet Family!
Seaside Planet Founder
Do You Have Questions?
Did we get something right? Did we get something wrong? Do you have a topic suggestion for our writers? Just want to say hello? No matter the reason, we'd love to hear from you.